Christ’s Church Ministries is dedicated to being a bridge ministry in Word and Spirit and therefore uses the readily known English names and terms. Understood in the setting of the ancient culture versus our western society, the original Hebrew & Greek illuminate the Words of God and bring us nearer to the heart of God.
CHRIST’S CHURCH MINISTRIES’ CONVICTIONS
Christ’s Church Ministries holds to Convictions, as beliefs too often drift into opinions.
The Almighty introduces Himself. “I Am that I Am” in Hebrew, in summary God is “I AM”. He also names Himself which is pronounced YHWH (Yahweh), In addition, He is defined with other titles: Elohim (God, or authority, plural form), El Shaddai (Almighty), Adonai (Master), Elyon (Highest), Avinu (our Father). Yahweh as the Father, Jesus the Christ as the redeeming Son (Yeshua Mashiach, the Messiah) and the Holy Spirit as the power to of transform (Ruach Hakodesh). The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are one in essence, being eternally existent, omnipresent, omnipotent and omniscient in perfect unity and harmony of all wisdom and knowledge in holiness: the majestic Trinity. (Exodus 3:14, John 1:1-5)
Christ’s Church Ministries is convicted that all 66 books of the Sacred Scriptures in their original text, Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek, from Genesis to Revelation, is the inspired, infallible, Word of Yahweh. It is the final authority in establishing all doctrinal truths and determining how God desires His people to live and worship Him. We are to live according to His commandments, statues and standards. We are to live Biblically correct lives, not worldly or “politically correct” lives. The Bible and all creation are subject to the Word by His will. “Out of heaven He made you hear His voice, that He might correct, discipline, and admonish you; and on earth He made you see His great fire, and you heard His words out of the midst of the fire.” (Deuteronomy 4:36), and “All Scripture is breathed of by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work.” (2 Tmothy 3:16-17)
Christ’s Church Ministries is convicted that creation was perfectly made by God. (Timothy 3:16-17) Satan (Hebrew: ha-Satan, “the opposer,”) with his rebellious, prideful spirit shunned God’s perfection. Satan tempted man through woman until man (Adam) violated an instruction of Yahweh and thus sin entered the world, “missing the mark” of God’s holy standard of righteousness. The Bible describes sin as the breaking, or transgression, of God’s law, “Everyone who practices sin also practices lawlessness; and sin is lawlessness.” (1 John 3:4), “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.” (Romans 3:23-24) and “For just as by one man’s disobedience (failing to hear, heedlessness, and carelessness) the many were constituted sinners, so by one Man’s obedience the many will be constituted righteous”. (made acceptable transformed to God, brought into right standing with Him). (Romans 5:19 AMP).
- We believe that Jesus of Nazareth is the Messiah (Christ), who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, as foretold by the Prophets, and came to earth as God made manifest in the flesh.
- Jesus our Messiah lived a sinless obedient life, died as the atoning sacrifice for our sins, was resurrected from the dead, and ascended to the right hand of the Father.
- Jesus is the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world, who sits in the midst of the throne in heaven. He was, and is, and is to come. His atoning sacrifice allows His saints to enter into the presence of God, with praises, prayers, and petitions.
- Jesus will return physically as the King of Kings and Lord of Lords to rule and reign over all the earth (Micah 5:2, 1 Timothy 3:16, Isaiah 7:14, Luke 1:34, 1 John 4:10, 1 Corinthians 15:4, Mark 16:19, Zechariah 14, Acts 1:1-9, Revelation 6:5, Revelation 19:11-16).
Christ’s Church Ministries is convicted that the Holy Spirit indwells all believers to lead, guide, teach, comfort, and empower them to live a holy and righteous lives.
- Messiah Jesus promised that the Comforter, whom He described as the Spirit of Truth, would testify of Him and give power to His people to be His witnesses. This empowering of the Spirit is the same today as it was in the day of Pentecost (Shavuot), as recorded in the Book of Acts.
- The infilling (baptism) and gifts of the Holy Spirit are still available and operate in the lives of His redeemed precious saints.
- The Spirit writes God’s law on the hearts of His people to bring them to a place of loving obedience to the commandments of God (John 14:26, 2 Timothy 1:7, 1 Corinthians 14:26, 1 Corinthians 12:4-14, Acts 1:8, Acts 2:14-19, John 15:26-27, Ezekiel 36:26-28).
Christ’s Church Ministries is convicted that all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. All people, both the Jew and the non-Jew, need the Salvation Jesus provided by the grace of Yahweh.
- We believe that salvation is by faith [trust] alone. One may not earn salvation by personal efforts. The new birth is a work of the Spirit, as evidenced in a heart that is circumcised [transformed] to love the Holy One of Israel (Romans 3:23, Ephesians 2:8-10, Deuteronomy 30:6, Romans 2:29).
- We believe in the resurrection of the saved and the unsaved, the saved to everlasting life and the unsaved unto eternal separation from God, that is, Hell.
- Without Jesus, sinful man is lost and must be born again by the Holy Spirit to enter the Kingdom of Heaven. “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through Him. Whoever believes in Him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God. “ (John 3:16-18).
Christ’s Church Ministries is convicted that the weekly Sabbath and annual Feasts of the Lord are “statutes forever” and should be celebrated by the body of faith represented by Believers in Jesus. The Feasts of the LORD, or moedim, are appointments for the Bride to meet with her Husband to learn more of Him and His Kingdom to come. We long for the day when His Kingdom is restored to Israel and His will is done on earth as it is in heaven (Leviticus 23, Zechariah 14:16-19, Matthew 6:10, Acts 1:6, Revelation 22:17)
Christ’s Church Ministries is convicted that that the family is the basic unit of the community of faith founded through the uniting of one man to one woman in the covenant of marriage. From the beginning, marriage is depicted and described as one man married to one woman, in the uniting of Adam and Eve. This Biblical depiction and description is confirmed by Jesus and His Bride. The family unit is the basis of Biblical nurture. The Scriptural commandments are to be taught diligently to our children as we walk by the way and as we lie down. These commandments, written on our hearts, are the basis of the Spirit of Elijah that is being restored in our day (Genesis 2:24 2 Corinthians 11:2, Ephesians 5:31-33, Ephesians 6:4, Deuteronomy. 6:7, Malachi 4:4-6).
Christ’s Church Ministries is convicted of the understanding that we are spirit beings, who possess a soul and inhabit a body. The soul and body are easily tempted to divert from the will of God by emotional and physical pleasures. Believing all aspects of life are under the Jurisdiction of Yahweh we are adamantly Pro-Life, for the innocent children to the elderly, from the womb to last mortal breath. Government is to be obeyed when not conflicting with scripture, as all governmental rule is appointed by God. Where the blessing of Constitutional representative government has been ordained, it is to be participated in to the glory of God. (Romans 13:1-4
Christ’s Church Ministries is convicted that the only means of salvation from the law of sin and death is through trusting in the accomplished atoning sacrifice of Jesus’ grace alone through faith. Faith is the inward loving heart’s desire of transformation to commit, trust, and believe in Yahweh and the Word made flesh (Jesus), instead of placing our faith and trust in ourselves, the false gods of the world or the traditions of men. “Jesus said to him, ‘I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.'” (John14:6).
Christ’s Church Ministries is convicted that we are to be One (Echad) in Messiah. We believe that when a Jew or Gentile puts his trust in Jesus as Messiah, they are grafted into the olive tree of Israel, by faith. This oneness is accomplished by actions of love. We are to live in the Father’s love and abide in Messiah Jesus. This will demonstrate to a lost and dying world that we are One. “By this shall all men know you are My disciples.” (John 13:35). We must live in His love to live out the testimony of Jesus. If we keep His commandments we shall abide in His love; even as He has kept His Father’s commandments and abides in His love (Deuteronomy 13;2-4, John 13:34-35, John 15: 10-17, John 17:11, Philippians 2:2, Galatians 5:14, Revelation 12:17).